Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Thank you!!! Another year...feeling blessed!!!

Wow!!  I can't thank you all enough for all the birthday wishes I received today via email, text, phone calls and timeline posts!!!  I am so blessed to have you all in my life...you sure know how to make a girl feel special.  I am beyond blessed with a wonderful family, great friends, and fabulous neighbors!!

I have to say this year was WAY better than last!!  Of course, last year at this time my life was in such a whirlwind.  I had just been diagnosed with breast cancer, was awaiting surgery and was totally stressing about telling my children!!  Tonight, I got to enjoy a very nice dinner with my husband and kiddos...worry free!!  I wish I could say "tear free", but things kind of hit me!!!  I'm not sure if I've written a blog where I didn't cry.  I'm just a bit emotional.

I have definitely come to realize that there is NO birthday that's worth being 'upset' about!!  I'm 100% sure that from this day forward every birthday I celebrate will get better and better!!  I have a new year ahead of me and I'm looking forward to making great memories!!  I know that many of you will be a part of those memories :-)  As I reflect on this past year, I'd like to share with you some of the wonderful memories that were made!!

Just a month and a half after surgery, I was able to celebrate my sweet granddaughter, Annibelle's first birthday.  So hard to believe that she'll be turning two on November 17th.  She's a very sweet and loving "terrible two"  LOL.







In December, we got to watch Ryleigh compete at the State level forgymnastics.  It was a tough season, but she's a fighter just like her momma :-)  She fought to get there and she placed 10th on the beam!!  We are so proud of her and looking forward to what this season holds for her.







We had a magical Spring Break!!!  Although we didn't go to Disney World, we had a blast at Universal Studios for three days.  We got to watch my niece's cheer team compete at Disney and we even met up with some friends from home.  As we headed back toward Texas, we stopped off in Destin for a few days of Sun and Sand.



In March I started a new job, which allows me to work from the house.  I love what I do, but it's often hard to "get away" from my work.  The position called for some travel in May: California (got to visit my "Angel") and then Las Vegas.  The Vegas trip just happened to be around mine and Keith's 18th anniversary so he made arrangements for the kids (Thanks, mom and neighbors!) and joined me in "Sin City".  Although it was a working trip, we were able to get away one day and experience the Grand Canyon from our very first helicopter ride!!!  It was AMAZING!!!



In late April, I got to watch my baby brother get married!!  It was a beautiful wedding...hot, but beautiful!!  He just informed me a few weeks ago that I'm going to be an aunt...again!!!  YAY!!!  BTW, he's going to have a girl.  They're not going to find out, but me and my sisters already know this :-)





The summer started off great as we took several long weekend trips to San Antonio.  Our wonderful neighbors/friends, the Suarez family as well as Keith's sister and brother-in-law joined us on one of those trips!!  We had a great time!!  Our family went back and spent the 4th of July there.  We've decided to make that our July 4th destination :-)










So schools now back in session, the kids had their well-care checkups and there's no doubt...My 13 year-old-son is now taller than me :-(  Both had big growth spurts over the past year and half.  Rance grew over 6 inches and Ryleigh grew 3.  There's no stopping them now!!  Makes a momma sad!!  Thank goodness for grandbabies :-)



A few weeks ago we traveled to Dallas and visited Keith's brother and his family.  Rance had a fencing tournament there and they were able to join us.  I know Rance really enjoyed having his Uncle Ryan there to watch him.  This was his first "big" fencing tournament and he did great!! I think we all had a bit of a learning experience from the event ;-)




Now to brag on our oldest daughter, Jourdan.  We are so proud of her!!  She has grown up to be such an amazing mother!!  This past weekend, we got to celebrate with her as she completed her dental assisting program!!  She's been working so hard over these past few months and completed her courses with an A+.  She will complete her state exam this weekend!!

As for me, I am looking forward to crossing another item off the bucket list...a half marathon is the goal!!  Currently, I am training for the 10 for Texas that's held here in The Woodlands on October 12th.  The thing I'm not happy about is in order to participate, I'll have to miss Ryleigh's gymnastics meet.  I just found out today that she competes that Saturday morning, of course, out of 5 sessions it would have to be the one that I can't go to.  I had actually told myself that I wouldn't run if she competed at the same time and tonight she tells me, " no mommy, you've worked too hard!!"  Yes, it pretty much made my heart swell.  So grown beyond her years!!  Leading up to that race will be the Susan G. Komen 5K Race and then a 10K Race in Austin.  If any of you would like to support the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, please go here to donate.    http://rfch.convio.net/goto/FIGHTINGtheFight  Your support is greatly appreciated!!

So I have about one more month before I'm one year into treatment...just 9 more years of this medicine.  You guys are going to get to count them all down with me!!  In December I go back for a check up and CT scan.  Please keep me and others fighting this disease in your prayers!!  Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so kind an so thoughtful to send me birthday wishes today!!  I loved  them all :-)

Love & Belief!
Dana




No comments:

Post a Comment