Sunday, November 4, 2012

Busy weekend

Just a very quick update and prayer request as Tuesday approaches!!  I ask that you all be in prayer over the next few days as we await the results of my oncotype test.  This test will determine whether or not my cancer will benefit from undergoing chemo treatment or not.  Apparently, the biological makeup of my breast cancer is the "best" you can ask for...so to speak.  Out of this type of cancer 90% do not benefit from chemo treatment, therefore leaving only about 10% of cases that need it.  We pray I am among that 90%...pretty good odds, but you just never know.  Regardless, I am in this fight to win and if chemo is what it takes, then that's what we'll do!!

It's been a pretty crazy, busy weekend!!!  I would have to say that this past Friday was one of my longest days yet since surgery.  I worked for about 4 hours...I tell you, after taking a shower and driving to work, I was ready for a nap!!!  It just takes so much out of you.  I already take an hour to get ready and now an additional 15-20 minutes at that.  I left work at 2:00 to pick up Rance from school as we had a long evening/ weekend ahead of volunteer hours at Ryleigh's gym (they hosted 3 gymnastics meets this season and it takes a lot of work to put that together and run it - kind of like a swim meet).  YAY, us!!!!  We really picked great sports, didn't we???  LOL  Left Rance's school just before 3:00 and then headed down the road to pick up Ryleigh's gym buddy as we were taking them to gym.  Literally, got home and within 10 minutes the whole family, including Mandy (Ry's bud) was back in the car headed to the gym, which is located in the Champions area.  Yes, a 40 minute drive from my house.  We dropped the girls off for gym at 4:30 and Keith, Rance and I enjoyed dinner at Gringo's.  Then, back to the gym by 6:30 to start set up.  I, obviously, didn't do a much.  I did a lot of tearing off tape for other as they were taping down plastic as to not ruin the floors.  Keith and Rance were both a great big help.  We were out by 8:30 and back to the house.  I will say that I no longer got home, got changed, got my faced washed and teeth brushed and I was out!!!

But guess what???  Keith and I were so luck to get to be up at the crack of dawn and back at the gym by 7:30 to work another volunteer session.  The deal is we have to commit to so many volunteer hours (24 hours) within the season to be a part of the booster and benefit from "way" reduced meet and coaches fees.  Well, the very first meet our gym hosted was the weekend after my surgery and we got "ZERO" hours that meet.  Hence, us putting Rance to work on Friday and he was a trooper and did a great job!!!  As a parent, it's actually pretty cool as we worked as the beam tabulator (me) and beam timer (Keith).  You learn a lot about things sitting between two judges.  It really opens your eyes a lot to how just hundredths of a point makes a huge difference in stuff like this....we're talking an unpointed toe...LOL  It's about a 3 1/2 volunteer spot and then we were back home by lunch time.  I ate and I was OUT!!!  Like a light!!!

Once I woke up, we actually did a kid swap and both kids had sleepovers.  Rance spent the night out and Ryleigh had a friend over for the night.  They started watching a movie and were out in about 10 minutes.  All kids were swapped back my lunch today and then it was reality!!!  Chores!!  The kids had a bunch of clothes to put away and rooms to pick up.  I tell you, they haven't let up on me one bit.  They complain and whine about housework, probably more now than they did before.  I was working on some donation items that I had put away in an extra room and had felt fine all day and WHAM, BAM...PAIN!!!  Once again, pain mainly in my left side.  As they said, it's just the next phase of healing.  As I'm not starting to feel better and do a little more, things are just stretching and moving into place...I HOPE!!!  It sure doesn't feel good.  But even with that I had to get out of the house today for a little peace of mind.  Retail therapy always helps!!!  Got a little bit of Christmas shopping out of the way :-)

Once I got home, the kids and I drove up to Montgomery (Conroe Lake area) to visit my sister, niece and my mom was there.  We all had a nice dinner together and the kids had some time to visit.  My sister and brother-in-law just got their pool all put in and they had invited us up to come check it out...looks nice and once they can turn the heater on it will be nice, but tonight it was way too cold for me to even put my toe in it...LOL  I really enjoyed my time with my mom and sister.  We don't seem to get enough time with just us!!!  Wish my mom would move out of Baytown and move closer to us...she could always live with them...HAHAHA!!!  You're welcome, brother-in-law...hehe!!  All joking aside, I actually loved having my mom here with me.  I sure couldn't have done those first few weeks without her and Keith's work has just been so busy with a new job in the last year and a half...just crazy times!!

Well, I'm back home and ready for bed.  It's sure to be a crazy week.  The plan is to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday for about 4 hours.  My doctor appointment is scheduled for Tuesday at 10:15a.m. so I will be sure and update everyone Tuesday evening.  I can't thank you all for your support, prayers and encouragement...it is very moving to have so many consistently checking on me.  Love you guys!!

Love and Belief!!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment