Tuesday, November 6, 2012

GOOD NEWS!!!! Praise the Lord!!

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise Him. -Psalm 28:7

So basically, two months after I found the masses in my breast and just over one month after surgery, we found out today:  NO CHEMOTHERAPY NEEDED!!!  Praise the Lord!!!  Thank you all for your prayers...God listened and He answered!!  He gets all the GLORY!!!

We are, of course, thrilled by this news and we greatly appreciate all the prayer warriors out there that have been praying for me, my family and for God's will to be that I will be pure and whole again!!  I am so thankful for how far cancer/ breast cancer research has come throughout the years.  I  hated watching my sister go through her chemo treatment, but I was prepared to do the same if need be.  I was prepared to fight this fight with or without hair, but I am truly happy that my sister does not have to watch me go through what I watched her go through.  We both still have a battle ahead of us and we're attacking it "head on" and attacking it "together"!!!

My oncotype DX test showed a very low risk score (13) of breast cancer recurrence within 10 years and chemotherapy treatment only changed that number from 9% to 6% (not enough benefit to undergo the treatment).  There will be 5 years of hormone therapy involved (my poor family) and there are studies going on right now that may increase that timeframe due to so many younger women being diagnosed.  She did say that the percentage will actually go down as I age (to perfection, of course)...that sounds like a pretty good deal to me ;-)  I was thinking the opposite.

It's been a long two months and it's been a long, but exciting day!!  I'm wore out and need a nap, but I wanted to get this out to everyone as I know so many of you have been praying and been messaging me and I can't thank you enough!!  I am truly blessed to have you in my life!! 

Go Pink!!!!



Love and Belief!

Dana





2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Praise the Lord! I'm sooo excited for you!You totally deserved this good news, and I'm so thankful you don't have to go through the chemo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you, sweet friend! Wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete