Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 1 - Post Op

After a pretty late start (surgery was scheduled for 2:00 yesterday and we didn't get started until shortly after 3:30) surgery is COMPLETE!!!  What a relief to know it's gone!!  Praise be to God that all was removed and lymph nodes were clean :-)

I expereienced the most pain ever yesterday...the stinking IV placement.  I kid you not, that was the most pain I have ever endured.  Now granted, once I came out of surgery I had forgotten all about the IV, but it felt as if she was wripping my skin off my hand when placing it in and I let her know about it.  It was my first time ever to scream out during an injection/ IV placement of any type!!  So glad all that's over!!

Arrived home today around 10:45.  So happy to be home!!!  Even more happy that my mom is here to help!!  And couldn't be more blessed with wonderful neighbors that have planned meals for us over the next two weeks :-)'

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers, love, support and encouraging words!!!  My poor husband trying to keep up with all the messages...he said he was so confused as to whose phone/ FB account he was on at times. 

Now we wait on pathology testing to come back regarding the oncotype.  This will determine whether or not chemotherapy is necessary.  Doctor had said that only 10% of this type of cancer benefits from chemotherapy.  Please continue to pray!!!

I just wanted to give you all a quick update to let you know that I'm home and I'm healing. 

Love and Belief!!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment