Sunday, October 21, 2012

Time flies when you're having fun....NOT!!!

I know I haven't posted in quite a few days...I guess because it's been kind of boring.  Seems like my days are pretty much the same: sleep, eat, take meds, sleep, maybe get up for a while and get outside for some fresh air, eat, meds, sleep!!!  I cannot believe that tonight is going to be my 20th night sleeping in my new bed (the recliner).  I have to say it has gotten much easier to get in and out of it that's for sure.  The hardest part is not having my hubby by my side :-(  But he's just a phone call away...LOL  I honestly did have to call the house phone the other day from my cell phone to get him.  For some reason I have this one bottle of medicine that I just can't seem to open...drives me crazy!!!

I have slacked off some on the pain meds, which is good, but I'm still having quite a bit of pain on my left side which is the side that I now have "two" drain tubes on.  It would be so great to get them both out on Tuesday when I go back to the plastic surgeon, but he only gave me hope of getting the original tube out....I'll take what I can get, but I'll keep praying!!!

Believe it or not I made it through my daughter's Distirict Championships gymnastics meet yesterday...like wild horses could have kept me away; right??  I have to admit I was dozing in and out as she had the early morning session and I had to take my pain meds to get through it.  I will tell you this...For the first time in three years I was actually able to breathe while she was doing her beam routine and I owe it all to the valium :-)  I know I joke a lot about that, because for those of you that "know" me know that I am not a medicine taker.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance and so if I'm taking pain meds, I'M IN PAIN!!!  I went the whole first week after surgery only taking the pain meds and not the valium because when I hear that I think "DRUG" and I can honestly say that I've lived 41 years drug-free and plan to keep it that way.   I don't like feeling LOOPY!!!  The valium though has made a huge difference in the tension I was carrying in my shoulders and upper back...it definitely relaxes me.  I might have to save me two of those at least for the next two gymnastics meets ;-)

So tomorrow is a big day!!!  I'm going to try and make it into work for at least a few hours.  I was able to get a few hours of work in this past week here at the house.  It's just hard trying to squeeze stuff into the few good hours that you have in the day.  My bosses couldn't be more supportive and I wish I was able to do so much more, but I am so thankful that they are so undrestanding of my situation and just truly concerned with my well being!! 

I tell you that today I absolutely did nothing!!!!  I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and looked at my phone with one eye open and one eye closed trying to make out the very blurred words until the one open eye got so tired it finally shut.  If I remember right my daughter fell asleep in the TV room with me and I heard her get up around 8:00ish and I went right back to sleep.  I woke up to a text message coming through to my phone from my neighbor around 10:30ish asking if my son could walk down to her house as he was scheduled to attend her son's birthday party today.  I peeled myself out of my recliner and stumbled to the doorway and to my amazement, he wasn't even close to being ready (as if he didn't realize he was the one that made the plans with her the night before).  I have to say that my kids have taken all this rather well...they still yell "MOMMA" from upstairs, from my bathroom and as soon as they walk through the door as if I'm going to come running to their rescue in a matter of seconds.  It just goes to show you that everybody needs their MOMMA!!!  I know I sure do!!!   My momma has made the last three weeks bearable!!!  I don't know what Keith and I would have done without her help!!  We have many people to thank, that's for sure, but she has really picked up the slack and kept our house a home :-)

So it's late and I should be in bed (a hard lesson for a night owl to learn) so I will retire to my recliner now.  I just pray the Good Lord gives me the energy to get up and get ready in the morning (that's the biggest challenge).  Luckily, my ride is not picking me up until 9:00 and I will work until a little after lunch time.  Don't worry...I'M NOT DRIVING!!!!  I'll keep you all posted on how my first day back to work goes.  I'ts going to be a slow process back as I have a dr. appointment on Tuesday so I probably won't make it in at all that day and then I'm at the mercy of some helpers until I can totally get off these meds.  I mean my vision is not at all like it was when I was 21, but boy I surely can't function seeing triple...LOL

Love and Belief!!

Dana

2 comments:

  1. Dana,
    It's Travis Block. I have been hit and miss on reading your updates mostly because my experience with cancer via my best friend JD. Brings out pain that I'd rather not have. I just want you to know that we are just down the road in Spring. If you need anything call me or Rhonda(my beautiful wife). 832 262 3458 cel for Travis or 832 297 1972 Rhonda. Just don't be stubborn if you need anything. We're here for you and praying for you and your family. We are both available in the afternoons. Rhonda after 4:30 and myself after 6:30. DOn't hesitate to call. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Travis!! I'm sorry I'm so late in seeing this comment. It took so long for me to even figure the comment thing out that most people tend to comment on FB. I can totally understand where you're coming from because cancer is SCARY!!

    But, please know that I am not scared!!! I truly believe my work here is not done and regardless, my FAITH is way bigger than my fear!!

    I appreciate you and your friendship throughout the years!! I absolutely love that I can tell people I have at least 35-40 friends that I've known since I was between the ages of 5-7 that I'm still in contact with...what a great LIFE!!!

    Love and Belief, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete