Tuesday, October 23, 2012

On the road to recovery

First of all I have to say with all these spell checks, grammar checks, auto word corrects and all that jazz, they should have created some kind of program to correct those that are typing under the influence of narcotics.  I can't hit a correct key to save my life...LOL  So for all you grammar freaks out there (I can say that because I'm usually that person), just look past it all.  I will write  a post, read it and re-read it for errors and then realize afer I post it that there are a ton of errors.  LOL

So I braved going back to work yesterday.  Of couse these kind of things always happen...we planned an educational seminar back like 6 months ago for this Thursday.  A phenomenal speaker and hosting it at Brix Wine Cellars, a venue I really wanted to experience.  Well, that's not going to happen!  Don't think I wil be in the socilizing mood, but that is one of the main reasons why I realy needed to get some hours in the office this week.  I've been trying to do a few things here from the house, but that's very limited and honestly, I had no idea I would still be this "down" after surgery.  My co-worker picked me up and we were at the house office by 10:00.  The plan was for Keith to pick me up on his lunch hour and drop be off at the house.  We were thinking maybe 1:00, but it ended more like 2:00 and needless to say I was wiped out and ready for a nap!!!!  The rest of the afternoon was honestly all a blur even though the kids had activities: Ryleigh gymnastics and Rance fencing.  Thanks to my neighbors for stepping in to help!!!

The plan was for my mom to drive me to my dr. appointment today, but Jourdan had also asked if there was anyway we could help with getting little Annibelle's pictures made for her first birthay coming up this November...can you believe she's going to be one on Novemer 17...crazy!!!  So since Jourdan had to work last night, Nana waited so Jourdan and Annibelle could ride over with her.  So around 10:00 p.m. I was wide awake with some wonderful visitors.  I was so excited to see my sweet Annibelle and of course she was excited to see her Nonnie :-)  She's just recently started standing good and taking a step or maybe two, but last night she took about 5-6 steps to me...made my day!!!  She's such a little ham and it kills me not to be able to pick her up, but that doesn't keep me from loving all over her.  She was wide eyed and bushy tailed and ready to wake up the house.  She did wake up her goof-pa, but Ryleigh never budged.  She came home from gym and crashed for the night!!

So thank goodness Nana was back this  morning to help get the kids off to school.  I got up to and helped with lunches, ate some yummy over easy eggs mom made so I could take my meds and then I was back out once Ryleigh was out the door around 7:20 a.m. I must have hit that recliner and passed out because Rance didn't even come tell me goodbye (not  normal).  Once I woke up around 9:00 Jourdan told me he said to tell me to have a good day because he knew I was OUT!!!!  He's my sweet boy!!

I got up and spent a little time with my punkin' before I had to get ready to go.  Mom and I always spend way more time in the car than we do at the dr. appointment, which i can't complain.  They are really great about getting me in and getting me out.  I got the BEST news ever...at least for today!!!  The drain tubes came out...ALL OF THEM!!!  I am tube free and I couldn't be more happy!!!.  I think the original one wanted to stay, like the skin was just starting to grow around it (I know that sounds gross and it is, but that's also what was causing so much pain).  It seemed every time I would move a certain way it would try and pull from the skin and just gave me the weebey jeebeys!!! 

Of couse I rested the best I could on the way home as we were going to take Annibelle just down the road for some pictures.  They turned out good and I was so happy that she even got to take a picture in one of her Aunt Ryleigh's old dresses from when she was little.  The turned out adorable and I was glad the dress got at least one more use out of it ;-)  Just a little snapshot I got of her it in :o)



So now we can take more steps toward weaning myself off the pain meds.  I sure don't like the way they make me feel.  My equalibrium has been off lately and I see at least triple of everything??  I don't go back to the plastic surgeon until early December and hopfeully the new girls will be better in place by then.  The next step is back to Dr. Naqvi, the oncologist on November 6 for the oncotype test results.  That will determine whether we move forward with chemotherapy or just do hormonal medication.  The oncotype test just determines which cases of breast cancer that I have will benefit from chemo or not: 90 % do not benefit and only 10% do.  So we pray that I fall in that 90 percentile.

Thank you all again for your continue support, prayers and encouraging words.  Please be in prayer for my complete healing process as I try and venture back to work...slowly but surely.  Yes, don't worry, I will listen to my body, but it's definitely nice to get out of the house even if just for a few hours...and of ourse I know my co-workers just don't kow what to do without me...HAHAHA!!!!

Well, I'm back off to bed.  It was a long day and my body pretty much shot down once we got home from the photo shoot.  Nana, Jourdan and Annibelle loaded up and headed back to Baytown.  I took my friendly little  meds and crashed hard!!!!  I'm pretty sure I slept for about 4 hours and don't think I made a bit of sense to anyone that walked in to check on me.  I was definitely in my own little world.  I have the most craziest dreams on this medicine and I usually catch myself just before I say somethig really stupid!!!  So, it's back to lala land for me.  I hope you all have a great evening!

Love and Belief!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment