Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pain, Pain go away!!!

WOWZA!!!  After a pretty good day the pain really caught me by surprise this evening!!! 

The day didn't start out so good as I've been waking up the past few mornings with a headache.  I think probably from the pain meds.  I've kind of changed up the way I was taking all the meds, which has really seemed to help with the headaches and the nausea; however, when I wake early morning (around 5:00 the past few mornings) and take the pain medication, I am not taking the nausea meds.  Hence, the reason maybe the headache???  I'm going stick to the daily regimen if I wake early morning and see if maybe that eliminates the headache tomorrow morning.  I pray it does!!

My 7:00 a.m. waking consisted of some tylenol and an ice pack for my head.  Slept great until around 9:00 when Keith came in and checked on me.  The headache had pretty much subsided by then and he made up a very yummy protein/ fruit smoothie (seems to be my normal breakfast these days).  Got that down and took pain meds and then back to sleep (OOPS!! I slept right through the movie I was supposed to be watching with Rance) and woke up feeling pretty great!!

Had a pretty awesome lazy day with great weather!!!  I absolutely LOVE these kind of days...laying around on the couch with the windows open, enjoying the cool breeze and listening to the kids play with their friends outside.  Even enjoyed it all for a while from the front porch with a glass of sweet ice tea as I was feeling very little pain most of the day.  Had a delicious lasagna lunch and watched the making of a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader (well, started too).  I was blessed with some wonderful visitors late afternoon so I definitely didn't mind the interruption.

Leesa (the kid's nanny from a few years back) and her son Stephen dropped by and treated us to some yummy peanut butter bars!!  Just what I had been craving all day...something really sweet!!  Later, one of my college friends Sherry Flores and her son Ryan came to visit from Baytown.  It was great seeing her as we haven't really visited with one another since we moved from Baytown back in 2008.  Next time I better not have to have surgery to get a visit ;-)  LOL (and she was the one that mentioned that, not me). 

Dinner tonight provided by our sweet neighbors Allen and Julie Hynes....chicken spaghetti, salad and cookies.  Great minds think alike as Sherry also brought a tray of chicken spaghetti.  You guys should have stayed and joined us for dinner...there was PLENTY!!!  Also had a quick visit from neighbors Shelleen and Ella :-)  Just popping in to check on me.  I have truly been blessed with some great friends throughout the years and couldn't live in a more supportive community.  LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Now it's quiet time!!  Visitors are gone, kids are down for the night and momma is medicated up and ready for some much needed rest!!  Please continue to pray...they are being answered!!  Pain is slowly going away, but the pain that is still there is in very specific areas (not just all over now), but very intense.  I go see the plastic surgeon on Tuesday and the drains that were inserted during surgery will be removed...oh, what a relief I think that will be.  One of those things I'm looking forward to having behind me.  My appointment with the breast surgeon and the oncologist has been changed to Tuesday, October 16th where I will receive the full pathology report from surgery and know the full treatment plan ahead of me.

I hope you all had a chance to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend.  I would have loved to have had the opportunity to take my kiddos to a Fall Festival...perfect weather for it!!  Hopefully, very soon we'll be back at it.  Goodnight for now!!

Love and Belief!

Dana



No comments:

Post a Comment