Monday, October 15, 2012

No news is good news; right??

So it's been a few days since I've blogged as things have been pretty boring...which is a good thing at this point!!!  I've actually been feeling pretty good the last few days and I owe it to the Valium ;-)  It really has made a differnce in the tension, which I believe was a contributor to all the nausea I had been experiencing.  Even with all the nausea, I had been very blessed to not get "sick" up until Friday night.  Keith and I dropped Rance off at fencing and stopped for one errand and then we were going to grab a bite to eat through the drive through.  I had left the house with a slight headache, but it actually seemed to be a little better as I got up and walked around some.  As we got in the car to head to the drive thru I mentioned I wasn't feeling well (felt like I could puke).  YEP!!!  I was right!!  Luckily, we were in a very convenient place for me to pretty much almost bail out of the car as Keith was on the phone (he quickly got the point and pulled over).  Boy did I feel much better after that!!!  LOL

I am sleeping much better through the night (still in my recliner) and have been able to cut back a little on the pain meds.  Definitely still in pain, but not as bad as before.  Just certain little movements that really get me and mainly on my left side, which was the side that the cancer was on as well as the side that the lymph nodes were removed from.

I am excited to report that I was able to get my tax information together and they will get filed on time...YAY!!!  Also, I was able to get a little work done from home over the last few days, which at least makes me feel a litte productive.  I just feel so bad that my poor momma is working her tale off around my house to keep up with my Thing 1 and Thing 2....oh, and don't forget Thing 3.  She has been a true ANGEL!!!

So tomorrow is the BIG day!!!  Not one, not two, but three doctor appointments!!!  Seems I've had a few of these very looooong days this month.  I meet with the breat surgeon tomorrow morning first to get the full pathology results of the mastectomy.  We were notified after surgery that all cancer was removed and lymph nodes were clean.  I'm sure they will also check all tissue removed even from the other breast.  In addition, I'm assuming she will be the one to let me know whether or not all three masses were individual masses and not joined together by any microscopic cancer cells (that's the prayer).  Should for any reason they be connected, it could possibly then be considered a Stage 2 cancer due to the size of the masses.

Next, we go to the oncologist who is located in the adjoining office.  She will walk us through and explain the full treatment plan.  At this point, chemotherapy boils down to what is called an oncotype test.  Due to the type of breast cancer I have, there is only 10% of cases that are responsive to chemotherapy and that's determined by this oncotype test.  We pray I am in the 90% group.  Please be in prayer for this!!  I do know that regardless there will be some type of hormone blocker treatment that is recommended for 5 years.  I'm not real excited about this and I am actually looking into some alternative treatments regarding this medication.  Because my type of breast cancer is driven by Estrogen and Progesterone, the goal is to have the body produce ZERO Estrogen.  HAHAHA!!!!  I don't think there will be any volunteers wanting to live in my household for the next five years!!!  LOL  My poor family!!!

That last appointment of the day is with the plastic surgeon.  As much as I want these drain tubes removed, I want more to make sure no infection develops.  My prayer is that they are ready to be removed, but regardless, I will be a very good patient (I know that's hard to believe) and do as the doctor orders.  The valium definitely makes them much more tolerable.  It's a darn good thing that nurse told me it was part of the muscle relaxer and I really needed to be taking it or I think I might would have removed them late last week...it was just unbearable - so annoying and irritable I just couldn't take it any more!!!

I thank you all for your continued support, prayers and encouraging words.  I've always been a pretty strong and independent person, but you guys make it so much easier!! I know that the Good Lord has placed each and every one of you in my life for a reason and I'm so honored to be able to call you all friend!!  I want you all to know that I have been at peace through my journey to this point...my FAITH is definitely bigger than my fear!!!  I know my God has a plan for me that has yet to be fullfilled and I'm looking forward to understanding that plan and letting His light shine through me every step of the way.

Continued prayers are appreciated and I will update you all tomorrow with the results.

Love and Belief!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment