Friday, October 12, 2012

Feeling some relief!!

I am so happy to report that I am starting to really feel some relief.  I have a feeling the valium gets a lot of the credit for that;-)  I might would have felt better sooner if I were a better patient...I'm pretty sure I get that quite honest!!

Yesterday started out very early as I had to be back at the plastic surgeon's office by 8:00 a.m.  Due to the fact that I needed breakfast, which called for a stop at Chick-fil-A, we were definitely running a bit late.  Lucky for us, so was the doc and all worked out well and we were in and out in literally 20 minutes....a nice 2 hour commute for a 20 minute appt., but it was worth it!!  He was able to extract the fluid pockets that they could see and drained 9cc from each breast.  They also gave me a different pain RX, which so far is not making me nauseas at all YEAH!!!

On the way home, mom and I made a quick stop by my office so that my co-workers could see that I really am among the living.  They have been so good to me and so supportive.  I couldn't be more blessed to work for a better group of people that really value me, my health and my family.  Thank you Bruce and Cain.  I know Judy and Kathy are doing a great job of picking up the slack and hopefully now I can get a few things done from the house which will help them out as well.

Of course a much needed nap was needed when I got home so I was able to get some good sleep before my mini-me got home from school.  Jill Lott's family brought over some yummy Pit-Masters BBQ: chopped beef sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad and mac-n-cheese.  Something for everyone!!  The night before we had a to-die-for taco ring made by Stephanie Provo (need that recipe).  Funny because last week we were full of chicken and this week beef, but absolutely no complaints because we've had some great meals!!  Not sure what the ole' family is going to do when the meals stop...LOL  I can't tell you all how much we appreciate the meals...they are a tremendous help!!!

I did make the ride with mom last night to take Rance to fencing and then a stop by Bed, Bath and Beyond.  A very nice getaway!!  You can only take so much in the same four walls of your house.  I'm an outdoors person anyway and love spending time on the porch, but it was nice to get some walking exercise out of the heat and out of the house.

 
I would have to say that I've probably felt the best today than I hve felt since before surgery.  Got up with the kids to get Ryleigh ready for her Boosterthon Fun Run today.  She loves this fundraiser and always goes all out. 

My son wore pink today for his momma after he wore pink last night at fencing for me and won his open fencing tournament.  LOVE IT!!!  I think he might have found his new color ;-)  Real men wear PINK!!!  Especially for their momma's <3

After we got him out the door, I took my meds and got a morning rest as I was expecting company before lunch.  One of my best childhood/ neighbhorhood friends and her mother came by to visit me (Melinda Henscey Broussard and Charlotte Henscey).  I really enjoyed my visit with them.  We have a lot of miles together through the years: chool, neighborhood play, softball, basketball...you name it!!!  Although our lives get so busy as adults, it's nice to reconnect with a friend and juct pick up like you never left off.  I am so very blessed to have so many friends in my life that I can do that with at any given time.  I probably graduated with at least 30-35 friends that I've know since Kindergarten or first grade...wonderful small town living :-)

They brought me a prayer quilt requested by them and created by the Prayer Quilt Ministry at Eagle Heights Fellowship.  What a sweet guesture and something that I will always cherish!!  I have attached a picture of the letter (hopefully you can read it) and a picture of the beautiful quilt they made me.  Each knot tied on one of the quilit panels represents a prayer that was said in my name.  A true act of giving and selflessness.  Thank you!!


I then ventured out to Ryleigh's school for about a half hour to watch her sweat her booty off at her Fun Run.  It was a scorcher!!  I did my best to stay in the shade, but had to walk a few laps with my sweet baby!!  I couldn't stand not going.  She came home early with me and I got me a much needed nap before she had to head off to gym.  So now she's gone to gym until 8:30 and Rance has plans with a friend until around 9:00ish so Keith and I can just have some quiet down time.  We haven't been alone since our stay in the hospital.  That's been okay, because we are so grateful for the added help, especially during such a difficult time. 

I'm off for the evening.  I hope you all have a wonderful Friday evening!!  Enjoy a happy hour drink for me and have a blessed weekend!!

Love and Belief!!

Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment