Saturday, October 6, 2012

Slowly, but surely starting to enjoy the little things again...

AHHHH!!!  Slowly, but surely I'm starting to feel a little more normal (HA!!  no comments necessary).  I finally started feeling some of the pain subside yesterday and today.  Funny thing is, when there's not pain all over, the pain in specific areas seem to be so much worse at times...go figure!!

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day...not that I haven't just been laying around every day since Monday, but it was the first day I wasn't so "out of it" and just enjoyed being lazy.  My mom went home for the day/ night so my cousin, Kevin gave me a ride first thing that morning up to my hairdresser's salon and I was able to get my hair washed and dried.  AHHH!!  The little things.  My friend, Melissa picked me up and drove me to the drug store for some Benadryl (the pain meds have my skin crawling...ugghhh!!).  Once I was home, I took my meds, got as comfy as possible in my new bed (the recliner in the TV room) and turned on the TV.  Yes, you heard me right!!  I actually turned on the TV.  The first time since I've been home.  Those of you that know me probably know that I very seldom ever turn on the TV.  After a very nice nap, I was able to enjoy a Matthew McConaughey Movie Marathon :-)  Yeah, he's pretty easy on the eyes!!!

A fajita dinner was provided by the Pardue family and it was so yummy!!  I was glad that Frankie decided to stick around, visit and eat dinner with us.  We also had a visit from Colleen and Kristen Ellison, who brought us a lasagna dinner to freeze.  I actually think that will be tomorrow's lunch :-),  Can't wait!!  I'm glad to be feeling "up to visitors" after a not-so-good Wednesday and Thursday.

This morning was great as I didn't wake during the 2:00-3:00 a.m. hour.  YAY!!  I actually slept in until 5:30ish.  That sounds pretty funny...slept in, but woke up at 5:30...that's so not me!!  I love my sleep, but the longer I lay there the stiffer I get.  Got up and did the rounds: restroom, water, meds, etc. and back to the recliner.  Back to sleep I went until I heard the kids around 8:30 a.m.  This time I woke feeling nauseas...so tired of that feeling.  I've been lucky to only feel it coming on, but so far no sickness from it.  Keith made me a yummy fruit smoothie, which hit the spot.  I took a very quick trip down the road with Keith just before lunch to pick up Rance from fencing.  I was hoping to watch him fence a few bouts; however, they were finishing up :-(  It turned out to be one of those things that seemed like a good idea until you realize it's not...LOL  Once I was there, I could hardly keep my eyes open.  So once I was back home, I did the normal routine: eat, meds, rest!! 

You realize in times like these just how much we take all the little things for granted...LOL  Many things just don't come so easy after surgery.  I've been able to shower, but it's not the easiest thing to do.  A shallow rince bath has been easier so that's what I've been doing.  Today, I even had the energy to shave my legs, but the under arm thing has been rather difficult and pretty much impossible for me.  So.....Keith and I got to have some bonding time today as he had the privilege of shaving my armpits :-)  Now that's true love ;-)  And I have to tell you this...that little gesture MADE my week!!

I was happy to have more visitors today.  Shana, one of my dearest, childhood friends came by to visit and brought me a nice little care package with some magazines and movies.  She's the sweetest!!  We've been friends since the age of 5/6.  Later in the day my mom returned and my sister and niece came by to visit and enjoy dinner provided by neighbors Luke and Nicki.  Thank you both so much as I know your life is busy with the twins.

All in all things are definitely getting better and easier.  I'm so glad to start enjoying the little things again: pulling the lever on the recliner, shaved legs/ arm pits and clean hair.

Thank you all for the flowers/ plants, cards, dinners, thoughts/ prayers and encouraging words that I continue to receive.  Your overflowing of support means so much to me!!

Love and Belief!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment